RealMoney Radio: Devon Heaven
(DVN) is the cheapest independent oil and gas company, Jim Cramer said on his
Not only is Devon Energy tremendous at finding oil, it also has a great record of replenishing oil, he said. At $61, Cramer believes the stock could easily go up 30 to 40 points if it receives a single takeover bid. And a bid is possible, he said.
The bottom line is that Devon Energy should not be this low, especially since oil is $75 a barrel, he said. If oil goes to $65 a barrel, Cramer predicts Devon Energy could fall five points, but not much more and if oil stays where it is, he believes the company could get taken over.
He called Devon's fundamentals better than good and said it is a buy.Although J.C. Penney (JCP) reported "beautiful" numbers this morning and Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) reported an awful number, J.C. Penney is down, while Abercrombie & Fitch is up. This is because a lot of people know J.C. Penney is a well-run place and Abercrombie & Fitch is a disappointment, Cramer said. It's all about expectations, he said. And the expectations got out of control for the upside of J.C. Penny and for the downside of Abercrombie & Fitch. To see the most recent edition of The RealMoney Radio Recap in its entirety, please click here. This recap is published every day around 3 p.m. ET.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV