RealMoney Radio: Devon Heaven
Devon Energy (DVN) is the cheapest independent oil and gas company, Jim Cramer said on his "RealMoney" radio show Thursday, and it reminds him of Kerr-McGee (KMG), since it has oil in a lot of safe places.
Not only is Devon Energy tremendous at finding oil, it also has a great record of replenishing oil, he said. At $61, Cramer believes the stock could easily go up 30 to 40 points if it receives a single takeover bid. And a bid is possible, he said.
The bottom line is that Devon Energy should not be this low, especially since oil is $75 a barrel, he said. If oil goes to $65 a barrel, Cramer predicts Devon Energy could fall five points, but not much more and if oil stays where it is, he believes the company could get taken over.
He called Devon's fundamentals better than good and said it is a buy.Although J.C. Penney (JCP) reported "beautiful" numbers this morning and Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) reported an awful number, J.C. Penney is down, while Abercrombie & Fitch is up. This is because a lot of people know J.C. Penney is a well-run place and Abercrombie & Fitch is a disappointment, Cramer said. It's all about expectations, he said. And the expectations got out of control for the upside of J.C. Penny and for the downside of Abercrombie & Fitch. To see the most recent edition of The RealMoney Radio Recap in its entirety, please click here. This recap is published every day around 3 p.m. ET.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV