Apple Sued Over Option Grants
Apple Computer (AAPL) has been notified of derivative lawsuits that make claims against current and former officers and directors with respect to the company's stock option grant awards.
Apple said in a release late Wednesday that the suits were filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the Superior Court for Santa Clara County.
Apple announced last week that it had discovered irregularities in issuing certain stock option grants and is conducting an independent investigation into the matter.
Apple said it is evaluating its response to the lawsuits.In recent after-hours trading, the company's stock was off 15 cents, or 0.3%, to $56.85.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV