New Pact for General Dynamics
The Army placed a $127 million order for 103 additional Stryker wheeled combat vehicles from a unit of defense contractor General Dynamics (GD).
The order increases the Army's fiscal-year 2006 Stryker orders to a total of 409 vehicles. Additionally, the Army gave General Dynamics a $9.5 million contract modification to procure additional parts for Strykers that have been damaged in battle.
Strykers are eight-wheel-drive vehicles that can travel up to 62 mph on highways and have a range of 312 miles. To date, General Dynamics, Falls Church, Va., has delivered more than 1,500 Strykers to the Army.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV