Redstone Arm Loads Up on Midway Shares
Sumner Redstone is buying up shares of Midway Games (MWY) again, and -- surprise, surprise -- the stock has rebounded from its months-long slump.
In three consecutive sessions ending on Monday, National Amusements, the theater chain operator that Redstone controls, has bought up a total of 195,500 shares of Midway stock, equal to two-tenths of a percent of Midway's stock. National Amusements bought the shares for between $7.19 and $9.59 each.
Midway's stock, which has an extremely small float because of Redstone's huge stake in the company, jumped with the trades. On Wednesday, when National Amusements filed a report on its latest purchases, Midway's shares were up 64 cents, or 7%, to $10.08 in recent trading. The stock is up a whopping 42% since National Amusements began its latest share buying.
Redstone and National Amusements have been
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV