Redstone Arm Loads Up on Midway Shares
Sumner Redstone is buying up shares of Midway Games (MWY) again, and -- surprise, surprise -- the stock has rebounded from its months-long slump.
In three consecutive sessions ending on Monday, National Amusements, the theater chain operator that Redstone controls, has bought up a total of 195,500 shares of Midway stock, equal to two-tenths of a percent of Midway's stock. National Amusements bought the shares for between $7.19 and $9.59 each.
Midway's stock, which has an extremely small float because of Redstone's huge stake in the company, jumped with the trades. On Wednesday, when National Amusements filed a report on its latest purchases, Midway's shares were up 64 cents, or 7%, to $10.08 in recent trading. The stock is up a whopping 42% since National Amusements began its latest share buying.
Redstone and National Amusements have been
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV