Cabot Buys IBM Patents
Cabot Microelectronics (CCMP), a supplier of goods to semiconductor makers, said Wednesday it agreed to buy a number of patents from IBM (IBM) that cover chemical mechanical-planarization slurry technology.
The financial terms of the agreement weren't disclosed.
"For almost 20 years, since the early days of CMP technology, we have had a productive and collaborative relationship with IBM as an important customer, and we believe that this acquisition of CMP slurry patents reflects and furthers this positive relationship and our ability to bring value to all of our customers," Cabot said.
Shares of Cabot were down 76 cents, or 2.5%, to $29.35. IBM was slipping 3 cents to $77.99.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV