Rambus Licenses Patents to Toshiba
Shares of Rambus (RMBS) rose Wednesday after the company announced a deal to license patents governing computer memory circuits to Japan's Toshiba.
The licensing agreement covers memory controllers for Rambus' SDRAM and DDR SDRAM, two of Rambus' main technologies for computer memory.
"Toshiba was our first patent licensee and we are pleased to continue this long and valuable relationship with a trusted partner," Rambus said. "Our focus of licensing industry-leading companies with both our products and patents continues to help push the boundaries of what our collective engineering teams can accomplish. We look forward to many years of development with Toshiba."
Shares of Rambus closed at $22.77 Monday. In premarket trading Wednesday, they gained $1.13, or 5%, to $23.90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV