Del Monte Digests Milk-Bone
The deal, previously announced in March, was financed through additional senior debt in the amount sufficient to fund the purchase price.
Del Monte CEO Rick Wolford said that the "transaction, coupled with our recent acquisition of Meow Mix, creates an improved platform for developing innovative and successful products, significantly improving Del Monte's competitive position in the pet food category."
Del Monte says it expects to see approximately $125 million of net present value tax benefits as a result of the acquisition.The San Francisco-based company posted approximately $3 billion in net sales in fiscal 2006. Shares of the company closed the regular session up 6 cents to $11.29.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV