Maxim Gets Subpoena on Options
Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) joined the growing list of companies saying that regulators want more information about past awards of stock options.
The company said Monday that it received a subpoena from the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of California asking for documents relating to its option grants and practices. Maxim plans to cooperate with the request.
Additionally, Maxim said it was cooperating with a similar, previously disclosed request from the Securities and Exchange Commission. The integrated circuits maker has authorized a review of its option grants, which is being conducted by a special committee of the board with the assistance of outside independent legal advisers.
Dozens of companies, many of them members of the tech sector, are voluntarily examining their option programs or getting requests from regulators about their past awards. In several cases, questions have arisen about whether some companies backdated options for employees in order to have them correspond to low share prices.Maxim released the information after the markets closed at 1 p.m. EDT in observance of the Independence Day holiday in the U.S. Shares of Maxim rose 14 cents, or 0.4%, to $32.25 in regular trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV