Aquila Seeks Rate Increase
Electricity and natural gas service provider Aquila (ILA) said Monday it filed a request with Missouri Public Services Commission to increase electrical rate at its Missouri Public Service and St. Joseph Light & Power units.
The company requested a $94.5 million, or 22%, increase at its Missouri Public Service region, which it said would increase the monthly bills, for typical residential customer using 1,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a month, by $21.19.
For the company's St. Joseph Light & Power unit, it requested an increase of $24.4 million, or 22.1%, which would result in an increase of $16.09 a month for typical residential customers.
The Kansas City, Mo.-based company said that the reason for the request include increasing prices in the natural gas and coal markets, increased customer usage and continued customer growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV