Encore Medical Takes Buyout
Encore Medical (ENMC) is being purchased by acquisitive private-equity firm Blackstone Group in a deal that will end with the maker of orthopedic devices going private.
A newly formed company controlled by Blackstone Capital Partners V will pay $870 million, or $6.55 in cash for each share of Encore Medical. The price represents a 36% premium to the Nasdaq closing price of $4.81 on June 30.
Members of Encore's existing senior management team will retain their current positions after the transaction closes and will have an ownership stake in the remaining company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV