WPS Closes Buy of Minnesota Gas Assets
WPS Resources (WPS), an electric and natural gas energy and related services provider, completed the acquisition of certain Minnestoa natural gas distribution operations from Kansas City, Mo.-based Aquila (ILA) for $333 million.
The price includes estimated closing adjustments relating primarily to working capital of about $45 million.
Under the terms of the deal announced on Sept. 21, the assets will be owned and operated by WPS Resources' wholly owned subsidiary, Minnesota Energy Resources.
The Green Bay, Wis.-based company said that it will absorb all of the operations' 226 Minnesota employees.The Minnesota natural gas distribution operations provide gas distribution service to about 200,000 customers throughout the state in 165 cities and communities including Grand Rapids, Pine City, Rochester, and Dakota County. ''The addition of regulated natural gas distribution operations in a jurisdiction complementary to WPS Resources' existing regulated electric and natural gas operations in Wisconsin and Michigan will transition WPS Resources to a larger, stronger regional energy company,'' the company said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV