Summit Bancshares Is Acquired
Summit is the holding company parent of Summit Bank, a $1.1 billion-in-assets commercial and consumer lender based in Fort Worth, Texas. Cullen/Frost, with $11.6 billion in assets, is based in San Antonio.
Summit shareholders will receive either cash or Cullen/Frost stock worth $11.50 plus 0.2933 of a Cullen/Frost share, for a total value of about $28.31 per Summit share. Summit's stock closed Friday at $21.21 each and was halted for trading Monday morning.
The transaction should start adding to Cullen/Frost's GAAP earnings per share beginning in 2007 and is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV