UPS, Pilots Cut Contract Deal
After more than three years of negotiations, UPS (UPS) and its pilots union have struck a tentative agreement on a new contract.
The Independent Pilots Association, which represents roughly 2,500 pilots at the Atlanta-based shipping company, said the agreement would run through 2011. It must be ratified by union rank and file.
Neither side would release details, but the Associated Press, citing a person who had seen the the contract, reported that the deal included an hourly pay raise of 17.7% pay raise for top captains and higher health care premiums for all pilots.
The pilots' contract became amendable at the end of 2003, and federally mediated talks between both sides began in June 2004. Last December, the union said it would ask to be released from mediation so that the pilots could strike, but mediators never released the two sides from negotiations.UPS shares finished Friday at $82.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV