Deals and More Deals in First Half of 2006
Two multibillion-dollar deals announced recently are prime examples.
(APC) announced a $23.3 billion deal to acquire two competitors last Friday. It plans on issuing debt and equity later in the year to finance the deal. But many debt strategists are
Univision (UVN) also could also have problems financing its deal. The company recently sold itself to a group of private equity investors for $12.3 billion. Because the Spanish broadcasting firm operates radio and television stations in an attractive corner of the media market, private equity investors have been aggressive with the debt they will issue to close the deal. Lenders will be asked for more than $8 billion to finance the transaction.
These aggressive transactions will be accompanied by a slew of other large deals with equally hefty financing packages. All the companies will ask investors for financing all at the same time. As they compete for investor dollars in a touchy market, some mergers could struggle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV