For Now, Apple, Jobs Get Benefit of Doubt
Apple has sold more than 50 million of its portable music players and 1 billion song downloads from its iTunes Web site. Many companies, including Amazon (AMZN), are eager to muscle in on Apple's territory.
Share of Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple have tumbled more than 20% this year, underperforming other big-tech companies including Microsoft (MSFT) and Yahoo! (YHOO). Analysts expect concerns about the options backdating along with possible delays in releasing the newest versions of the iPod to continue to weigh down the stock. The shares fell $2.15, or 3%, to $56.82 Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV