The Andersons to Offer 2.3 Million Shares
Plant-nutrient and ethanol concern The Andersons (ANDE) has filed to publicly offer about 2.3 million shares of its common stock.
Of that amount, the company will sell 2 million shares, while 280,000 shares will be sold by certain shareholders named in the prospectus, The Andersons said late Thursday.
The underwriters will have the option to purchase up to an additional 342,000 shares of common stock from the company to cover overallotments, if any. The Andersons will not receive any proceeds from the sale of the shares by the selling shareholders.
The company intends to use net proceeds from the offering for investments in the ethanol industry, including in additional plants, as well as investments in additional railcar assets and for general corporate purposes.Shares of The Andersons were recently off 2.1% in after-hours exchanges to $40.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV