Amazon's Google Problem
PayPal, which has more than 100 million active users, is a key business for San Jose, Calif.-based eBay, accounting for $335 million, or 24%, of its $1.39 billion in first-quarter revenue.
eBay, which could prevent its users from using Google Payments under its terms of service, needs to take Google Checkout seriously, says Ina Steiner, of the trade publication
"A growing number of consumers are concerned about fraud on online auction sites, and some are skeptical of using PayPal,'' she writes. "Seeing a seller is a Google-approved merchant with credit-card protections may allay some fears.''
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV