UTStarcom, China Telecom Sign Contract
UTStarcom (UTSI) said Thursday that it signed a contract with China Telecom Group to supply 300,000 QBOX terminals to the PAS and fixed-line operator in China.
UTStarcom, an IP-based, end-to-end networking solutions and service provider, did not disclose the financial terms of the deal.
The QBOX enables fixed-mobile convergence by allowing subscribers to use their iPAS devices as digital cordless phones.
China Telecom will sell the QBOX for use with its homebox fixed-line/PAS convergence services, which is available in 24 Chinese cities.Already about 300,000 users signed up for the service since its launch in the second half of 2005, the Alameda, Calif., company said. The stock was up 19 cents, or 2.6%, to $7.42 in recent trading Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV