UTStarcom, China Telecom Sign Contract
UTStarcom (UTSI) said Thursday that it signed a contract with China Telecom Group to supply 300,000 QBOX terminals to the PAS and fixed-line operator in China.
UTStarcom, an IP-based, end-to-end networking solutions and service provider, did not disclose the financial terms of the deal.
The QBOX enables fixed-mobile convergence by allowing subscribers to use their iPAS devices as digital cordless phones.
China Telecom will sell the QBOX for use with its homebox fixed-line/PAS convergence services, which is available in 24 Chinese cities.Already about 300,000 users signed up for the service since its launch in the second half of 2005, the Alameda, Calif., company said. The stock was up 19 cents, or 2.6%, to $7.42 in recent trading Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV