Wednesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
"We are continuing to see improved profit margins in our seismic drilling sector as a result of greater demand for these services coupled with improved utilization of equipment and personnel," CEO James C. Eckert said in a statement. "Additionally, we are enjoying better than expected results from Preheat, Inc., our most recent acquisition that provided us with additional equipment leasing capabilities."
Barring any unexpected weather or permit delays, the improved performance trend could continue through the remainder of 2006, the company said. Shares of Omni climbed 57 cents, or 5.6%, to $10.70.
Netgear (NTGR) plummeted after Citigroup downgraded the networking-products company to hold from buy. Shares dropped $2.33, or 9.9%, to $21.33.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV