Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Seven Samurai
He said that Matsushita intends to control 40% of the plasma market by 2010, and that means 10 million units.
The company is well-positioned to be the No. 1 player because it's upping its production capability faster than the competition, he said, pointing out that it's opening plants sooner than expected and plans to spend $1.57 billion on a plasma TV plant in western Japan.
That would give Matsushita the biggest plasma-TV production capacity in the world, Cramer said.
Although Matsushita could be dead money as long as tech is in the doldrums, it's still a great long-term story, he said.
Australia & New Zealand Banking GroupCramer also revisited Australia & New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), a play not off of Japan's economy but rather off of Vietnam's. He first introduced ANZ in a January show. When Intel (INTC) applies with the government of Vietnam to build a semiconductor plant in Ho Chi Minh City, it's officially time to start investing in Vietnam, Cramer had said at the time. The country's economy grew at 8% in 2005, but no one knows how to play the country because it's bottled up tight. That is until now. Cramer's done some homework and says the country is going capitalist. "You don't get Intel begging to open up in communist countries," he said. But it's in transition, and investing directly is too risky. The smart play is the banking system, since, Cramer said, everything in the country is financed by, and thus owned, by four banks. So, he suggested buying Australia & New Zealand Banking Group, an Australian bank that owns 10% of a key Vietnamese bank. It is his sixth samurai play, he said. ANZ is worth owning, Vietnam aside, he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV