Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Seven Samurai
He said that Matsushita intends to control 40% of the plasma market by 2010, and that means 10 million units.
The company is well-positioned to be the No. 1 player because it's upping its production capability faster than the competition, he said, pointing out that it's opening plants sooner than expected and plans to spend $1.57 billion on a plasma TV plant in western Japan.
That would give Matsushita the biggest plasma-TV production capacity in the world, Cramer said.
Although Matsushita could be dead money as long as tech is in the doldrums, it's still a great long-term story, he said.
Australia & New Zealand Banking GroupCramer also revisited Australia & New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ), a play not off of Japan's economy but rather off of Vietnam's. He first introduced ANZ in a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV