Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Seven Samurai
Kubota is a play on the weakness of the yen, since Japanese goods get cheaper in the U.S. as the value of the yen falls, Cramer said.
Cramer doesn't believe analysts have yet fully accounted for the weak yen in their earnings estimates, which means the analysts will either have to raise their estimates and upgrade the stock, or Kubota is likely to report an upside earnings surprise.After completing a "huge restructuring," said Cramer, Kubota is now focused on its core businesses. Kubota dominates the agricultural-machinery market in Japan. On the downside, Kubota may experience a tough market in the medium-sized tractor segment where there is a lot of competition, said Cramer. But it should be able to balance out any weakness with lower prices. Another risk would be if the yen recovers, said Cramer, making Kubota's tractors more expensive in the U.S. But he doesn't see that happening, at least not anytime soon, he said. Right now, Cramer advised his viewers to wait until the yen starts weakening again to buy this stock, otherwise, he said, American competitors like Caterpillar (CAT) would crush them. Matsushita Electric Industrial Another member of Cramer's seven samurai top picks in Japan is Matsushita Electric Industrial (MC), a stock he introduced as a samurai pick in January. Japan is turning around. Big-screen plasma TVs are hot, and Matsushita is making itself into a flat-screen powerhouse, he said. In fact, Cramer said he'd rather own Matsushita at $22 than Corning (GLW) at $24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV