Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Seven Samurai
The next name on Cramer's seven samurai list is
(KNBWY), a stock he first introduced on his
Although Cramer said he is a bear when it comes to American beer, he believes Kirin Brewery has a hot new product that will send the stock higher.
Kirin has developed a soybean-based beer that isn't subject to Japan's "malt tax," and the beer has turned out to be very popular, he said.The beer was introduced to the market in April 2005 and, by August, sales had tripled, Cramer said. That success led Kirin to raise its malt-free beer guidance by 50%. Kirin also has soft drinks and a little gem of a biotech subsidiary, he said. Even though another Japanese beer company, Asahi Breweries, also has a soybean-based beer, Cramer said it cannot seem to keep up with Kirin. Japan's parliament may be changing the malt-tax laws to include soybean-based beer, so Cramer urged his viewers to do their homework before investing in the stock. Toyota, Honda The next pair of samurai Cramer mentioned is the auto business: Toyota Motor (TM) and Honda Motor (HMC). In their case, if the Yen softens up, people could make a lot of money, Cramer said. Cramer mentioned this pair on his
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV