Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: The Seven Samurai
Although Cramer said he is a bear when it comes to American beer, he believes Kirin Brewery has a hot new product that will send the stock higher.
Kirin has developed a soybean-based beer that isn't subject to Japan's "malt tax," and the beer has turned out to be very popular, he said.The beer was introduced to the market in April 2005 and, by August, sales had tripled, Cramer said. That success led Kirin to raise its malt-free beer guidance by 50%. Kirin also has soft drinks and a little gem of a biotech subsidiary, he said. Even though another Japanese beer company, Asahi Breweries, also has a soybean-based beer, Cramer said it cannot seem to keep up with Kirin. Japan's parliament may be changing the malt-tax laws to include soybean-based beer, so Cramer urged his viewers to do their homework before investing in the stock. Toyota, Honda The next pair of samurai Cramer mentioned is the auto business: Toyota Motor (TM) and Honda Motor (HMC). In their case, if the Yen softens up, people could make a lot of money, Cramer said. Cramer mentioned this pair on his Oct. 27 show. Back in October, Cramer said Honda reported an excellent quarter. Although both auto companies are doing very well, Cramer said he prefers Toyota, since it has a leg up on hybrids.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV