Bandag to Restate
Bandag (BDG), a manufacturer of retreading materials, said Thursday it will restate its financial statements for the first quarter ended March 31.
The restatement is to correct an error that occurred during the first quarter of 2006 resulting in an understatement of inventories and an overstatement of cost of products sold in its North American business unit.
Restated consolidated earnings from continuing operations were $5.7 million, or 29 cents a share, for first quarter 2006, compared with earnings of $6.0 million, or 30 cents a share, a year ago.
Previously the company reported earnings from continuing operations of $3.8 million, or 19 cents a share.Bandag restated its loss to $10.6 million, or 54 cents a share, from its previously reported loss of $12.6 million, or 64 cents a share. The restatement will have no effect on cash flows, the company said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV