Bandag to Restate
Bandag (BDG), a manufacturer of retreading materials, said Thursday it will restate its financial statements for the first quarter ended March 31.
The restatement is to correct an error that occurred during the first quarter of 2006 resulting in an understatement of inventories and an overstatement of cost of products sold in its North American business unit.
Restated consolidated earnings from continuing operations were $5.7 million, or 29 cents a share, for first quarter 2006, compared with earnings of $6.0 million, or 30 cents a share, a year ago.
Previously the company reported earnings from continuing operations of $3.8 million, or 19 cents a share.Bandag restated its loss to $10.6 million, or 54 cents a share, from its previously reported loss of $12.6 million, or 64 cents a share. The restatement will have no effect on cash flows, the company said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV