Cathay Orders Boeing Freighters
Cathay Pacific Airways has ordered six 747 extended-range freighters from Boeing (BA), continuing the recent streak of good news for the Chicago-based planemaker.
The aircraft are scheduled to arrive between May 2008 and April 2009. Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific currently operates 97 planes, 14 of which are freighters.
Separately, Boeing said it received a $46 million contract from the U.S. Air Force to continue providing combat-instructor services for fighter jets. The contract covers classroom, one-on-one and training-device instruction and will involve the F-15C, F-15E, F-16 and F-22A fighters.
Last week, Singapore Airlines signed a letter of intent to buy 20 passenger jets from Boeing that have a list price of $4.52 billion. Boeing has been riding high lately at the same time Airbus, the European maker of commercial jets, is facing a string of difficulties.Some potential customers have criticized the design of the midsize A350, meant to compete with the Boeing 787, and earlier this month, Airbus said its massive A380, which would be the biggest passenger plane in the world, would be further delayed. Shares of Boeing were down 91 cents, or 1.1%, to $84.94.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV