Canada Southern to Be Acquired
Canada Southern Petroleum (CSPLF) has agreed to be acquired by a unit of Canadian Oil Sands Trust in a $146 million deal.
Each share of Canada Southern, a Calgary-based energy company, will be bought for $9.75 in cash.
Canada Southern had been sought by both Canadian Superior Energy (SNG) and Petro-Canada (PCZ) before it reached the arrangement with Canadian Oil Sands. Under the terms of the agreement signed Sunday, Canadian Oil Sands, an investment trust, has the right to match any offer made by another bidder.
Shares of Canada Southern were surging $1.44, or 16.4%, to $10.21 on seven times its normal volume, suggesting investors believe the final offer has yet to be made.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV