Canada Southern to Be Acquired
Canada Southern Petroleum (CSPLF) has agreed to be acquired by a unit of Canadian Oil Sands Trust in a $146 million deal.
Each share of Canada Southern, a Calgary-based energy company, will be bought for $9.75 in cash.
Canada Southern had been sought by both Canadian Superior Energy (SNG) and Petro-Canada (PCZ) before it reached the arrangement with Canadian Oil Sands. Under the terms of the agreement signed Sunday, Canadian Oil Sands, an investment trust, has the right to match any offer made by another bidder.
Shares of Canada Southern were surging $1.44, or 16.4%, to $10.21 on seven times its normal volume, suggesting investors believe the final offer has yet to be made.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV