Nokia, Siemens Reported in Deal
The two companies plan to announce the deal Monday, according to the report, published Sunday evening on The Wall Street Journal's Web site. The report cited unnamed sources familiar with the matter.
Each partner would contribute its network-equipment operations to the new company and take a 50% stake in it, the report said. Nokia would have bigger sway over management, however, getting a majority of board seats and installing its executive Simon Beresford-Wylie as CEO. The venture would also be headquartered in Nokia¿s home country of Finland.
The telecom industry has undergone rapid consolidation in the past few years, but both Nokia and Siemens had stayed away from big deals.Nokia lost 43 cents in New York trading Friday to close at $19.97. Siemens lost 84 cents to finish at $79.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV