McCormick Buys Asian Food Seller
McCormick (MKC) signed a definitive agreement to buy Asian food seller Epicurean International for $97 million in cash.
Epicurean International develops, imports and markets a line of authentic Asian products under the Thai Kitchen and Simply Asia brands.
Annual sales are $50 million and have grown at a 32% compound annual rate since 2002, McCormick said, adding that it expects the deal to add to earnings. The company pegged the buy at 11 times earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization.
Shares fell 46 cents Thursday to $33.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV