Tuesday's Financial Stock Winners & Losers
Alliance Bank (ALLB) was higher a day after it said it would form a stock holding company and sell additional shares.
The boards of the bank and its majority shareholder, Greater Delaware Valley Holdings, a mutual holding company, are proposing a reorganization plan. As part of the plan, Greater Delaware will convert to a federal charter and change its name to Alliance Mutual Holding. Shares of Alliance Bank were gaining $2.75, or 11.3%, to $27.
Colony Bankcorp (CBAN) was climbing after getting an upgrade from a Wall Street analyst. Keefe Bruyette lifted its rating on the bank to outperform from market perform. Shares of Colony were gaining 79 cents, or 4.6%, to $18.06.
First Marblehead (FMD), an educational-loan servicing firm, saw its shares fall after UBS initiated coverage of the company with a reduce rating. Shares of First Marblehead were losing $1.72, or 3.7%, to $44.95.UBS raised its opinion of National Financial Partners (NFP), giving the financial-services firm a buy rating, up from its old neutral rating. Shares of National Financial were gaining 9 cents, or 0.2%, to $44.47.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV