Dykstra: Back to the Well on This Pick
Certainly, the vast majority of you are aware that Barry Bonds hit his 715th career home run on May 28, passing Babe Ruth as the second-leading career home run producer, behind Hank Aaron's 755.
Lost in the hoopla was the pronouncement of such. Dave Flemming, 28 years old, is the youngest play-by-play announcer in Major League Baseball. He broadcast the Giants' games for their flagship station, KNBR, with veteran Jon Miller, best known for his Sunday night ESPN baseball broadcasts with Joe Morgan.
Imagine the adrenaline rush experienced by young Flemming as he announced the launch, descent, and landing of the mammoth 455-foot bomb by Bonds to dead center, which moved him ahead of Ruth. But unbeknownst to Flemming, only his partners in the booth actually heard "the call." Evidently, at the very instant Bonds' historic blast took flight, Flemming's hand-held microphone ceased to function, depriving untold thousands of Bay Area fans the opportunity to experience "the call" first-hand.
At age 28, Flemming was poised to make the deepest "deep in the money call," which he believed he did. Sadly, "the call" did not go through. In essence, history will reflect that it was never made. Is this an omen for the long-term yield on the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV