Level 3 Acquires Looking Glass
Level 3 (LVLT) agreed to acquire Illinois-based fiber outfit Looking Glass Networks for $96 million of cash and stock.
Looking Glass provides data transport services to about 215 buildings in 14 cities, with an additional 250 buildings wired with dark fiber. The company is expected to do up to $10 million of cash flow on revenue of $75 million to $80 million this year, with cash flow rising to up to $40 million following its integration with Level 3.
"Looking Glass has a strong base of customers who buy a wide range of transport services in the largest U.S. metro markets," Level 3 said. "We believe they will benefit greatly from the combination of our existing platform with the advanced capabilities and reach of Level 3's broad network and services."
The deal expected to close in the third quarter. In addition to the acquisition price, Level 3 agreed to pay off $69 million of Looking Glass debt.Level 3 closed at $5.02 on Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV