Aquila Resumes Peaking Facility Operation
Electric utility company Aquila (ILA) said it will resume operating its South Harper Peaking Facility, a natural-gas fired peaking plant, as a result of a Cass County Circuit Court ruling Thursday.
Last Week, the Kansas City-based company was granted with the specific authority by the Missouri Public Service Commission, to operate the facility.
The ruling dissolves a $20 million bond Aquila had posted pending its application to the Missouri Public Service Commission and stays the court's initial January 2005 ruling.
Aquila is required to keep with the court a $350,000 bond in place during an anticipated appeal of the Missouri Public Service Commission order.''We appreciate the ability to again operate the South Harper plant, as doing so allows us to more economically and reliably meet electricity needs of Cass County, which is growing at double-digit rates,'' the company said. The company's stock closed up 15 cents, or 3.5%, to $4.46 Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV