Wednesday's Tech Winners and Losers
Shares of Microchip (MCHP) rose 3% after the chip company backed its first-quarter earnings and revenue guidance. The company continues to project earnings of about 37 cents a share, which excludes about 2 cents a share in stock-based compensation costs. Microchip still sees sequential revenue growth of about 5% to 6%. Analysts project earnings of 36 cents a share on revenue of $257.7 million, or sequential revenue growth of about 4%. Shares were up $1.05 to $34.40.Other technology movers included Microsoft (MSFT), down 2 cents to $23.13; Intel (INTC), up 29 cents to $18.10; Sun Microsystems (SUNW), up 6 cents to $4.61; Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI), up 13 cents to $4.52; Cisco Systems (CSCO), up 7 cents to $19.84; JDSU (JDSU), up 8 cents to $3.04; Apple Computer (AAPL), down 69 cents to $60.53; Oracle (ORCL), up 15 cents to $14.17; Applied Materials (AMAT), up 20 cents to $16.91; and Lucent Technologies (LU), up 1 cent to $2.55.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV