Thursday's Financial Stock Winners & Losers
The stock-and-cash transaction values Aames at around $340 million, or $5.35 a share. Of the purchase price, roughly $109 million, or 32% of the total, will be paid in cash. Shares of Aames lost 36 cents, or 6.3%, to $5.36. Accredited gained $1.35, or 2.6%, to $53.29.
Alabama National BanCorporation (ALAB) agreed to buy PB Financial Services in a deal that will merge two Southeastern banks.
Alabama National will issue roughly 1.9 million common shares and share equivalents to Peachtree's stockholders. Based on Alabama National's Wednesday closing price, the deal is worth about $128.2 million. Shares of Alabama National rose $1.02, or 1.5%, to $68.50.Regions Financial (RF) disclosed plans to acquire another Alabama-based bank, AmSouth (ASO), for $9.8 billion in stock. The deal will create the 10th largest bank in the U.S., with $140 billion in assets. Regions will exchange $28.33 worth of stock for each AmSouth share. AmSouth closed Wednesday at $28.90, and its shares fell 90 cents, or 3.1%, to $28 after the deal was announced. Regions lost $1.09, or 3.1%, to $34.44. Wachovia (WB) edged higher after Prudential upgraded the bank to neutral from underweight. Shares of Wachovia were up 23 cents, or 0.4%, to $53.26. Heritage Financial Group (HBOS), a bank holding company, said its board approved a stock repurchase program to fund the restricted stock portion of its 2006 equity incentive plan. Heritage plans to buy back up to 220,328 shares from time to time, depending on market conditions, in open-market or privately negotiated transactions. The authorized share repurchases represent about 2% of the company's stock outstanding. Shares of Heritage rose 47 cents, or 3.8%, to $13.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV