Nintendo Focuses on Fun
Having said that, however, if you ask me whether that kind of approach can become the huge, main resources for the huge, main revenues in the future, I'm not optimistic, actually. ... Asking customers to pay something monthly, or something periodically, we can never expect that kind of revenue to become the significant, main resources for Nintendo.
More and more costs are required to make complicated software titles nowadays. So they have to find out any other revenue resources right now, and in-game advertisement must be one of them. However, the in-game advertisement or episodic approaches, [those are] kind of the optional, after all. The main source of the revenue resources in this industry must be the video games themselves.
On one hand it is OK for us to seek ... alternative resources like in-game advertisement, but we should make much more efforts to make [games] more attractive for the current gamers and to the non-gamers.
Any more word what the price will be for the Wii or when you will announce it?Sorry, but give us more time before making the announcement. Of course, it's going to be an affordable price point. So, you're not going to try and compete with Sony's PlayStation3 on how high you can price your console ? No. Of course, if we put the PS3 as the standard price point, any price point is going to be affordable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV