Transcat Profit Surges
Transcat (TRNS) said fourth-quarter earnings rose more than fivefold from a year ago, thanks mainly to higher sales in its biggest segment, distribution products.
Transcat earned $2.8 million, or 38 cents a share, in the quarter, up from $504,000, or 7 cents a share, a year ago. Sales rose 3% to $16.1 million, reflecting a 5% rise in product sales to $10.5 million and a 1% rise in services sales to $5.5 million.
Within distribution products, the gross profit margin fell by 2.4 percentage points to 23.1% in the fourth quarter, reflecting the timing of rebates. Within calibration services, gross margin rell 3.3 percentage points to 28.9%, reflecting investments in service infrastructure and sales mix.
"As we look ahead, we expect to build on the solid foundation that has been established over the previous four years, with continued steady growth in revenues. In fiscal year 2007, our goals are to achieve distribution products sales growth in the high single digits and calibration services sales growth in the low to mid teens," the company said."We are confident that the strategies and resources we have in place will win us greater recognition in our markets and generate increased demand for our services and products," the company said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV