Today's Small-Cap Winners and Losers
NCO Group (NCOG) surged more than 40% Tuesday after the company's CEO offered to acquire all of the outstanding shares of the Horsham, Pa.-based outsourcing services company for $27.50 in cash each.
The executive, Michael J. Barrist, intends to partner in with One Equity Partners II and to finance the deal through a combination of $388 million of equity and about $815 million of debt.
The company's board is scheduled to meet later Tuesday to form a special committee of independent directors to consider the proposal. The special committee will retain independent financial advisors and legal counsel, the company said. Shares were up $7.26 to $26.31 in recent trading.
Camtek (CAMT) gained after the Israel-based automatic optical inspection systems company said first-quarter revenue increased 172% to $24.9 million. The company posted income of $4.4 million, or 16 cents a share, up from a loss of $2.4 million, or 9 cents a share, a year ago. Shares were up 83 cents, or 12.8%, to $7.33 in recent trading.IDT (IDT) surged on news that Liberty Media (LINTA) planned to buy IDT Entertainment from the Newark, N.J.-based telecommunications and entertainment company for $186 million in cash. Under the deal, which is expected to close within the next three months, Liberty Media will pay IDT $186 million in cash and all of Liberty Media's equity interests in IDT and its subsidiaries, including about 17.2 million shares of IDT's Class B common stock and Liberty Media's roughly 5% interest in IDT Telecom. Liberty will also assume IDT Entertainment's existing debt. On closing, IDT Entertainment and Liberty's Starz Entertainment Group will enter into a five-year programming output agreement for the broadcast of certain IDT programming on Starz's premium channels. Shares of IDT gained $1.81, or 16.2%, to $12.96 in recent trading. Liberty Media climbed 15 cents, or 0.8%, to $18.30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV