As for Halo 3, the only detail Microsoft released was that it would launch next year. The company also showed some video footage from the game. The original Halo was considered to be one of the only "killer applications" for the first Xbox, helping drive sales of the game machine. Halo 2, released in the fall of 2004, was the top-selling game ever for the original Xbox. Analysts and gamers have been eagerly awaiting news of a sequel.
Microsoft launched the Xbox 360
But Microsoft expects sales and shipments to pick up now that it has a third manufacturing partner for the device. The company expects to reach 5 million shipments by the end of next month and 10 million shipments before Sony releases the PlayStation 3 this November, Moore said.
"Our No. 1 priority was to get consoles to shelves as quickly as we possibly could," Moore said, acknowledging that the company has hit some "potholes" along the way.Sony plans its own ambitious launch for the PlayStation 3. At a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV