J&J Buys Device-Making Firm
Surgical-products manufacturer Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) company, has acquired medical-device maker Vascular Control Systems.
Privately held Vascular Control develops devices to control bleeding during obstetric and gynecologic procedures. Ethicon makes instruments for general surgery, wound management, women's health and cardiovascular surgery.
"This represents a strong, strategic fit with our gynecologic business," said Sheri McCoy, a J&J executive responsible for the Ethicon business. "The technology and knowledge we'll gain will enable us to expand our ability to create new therapies for women," she said.
Specific financial terms of the transaction weren't disclosed.J&J's shares dipped 18 cents to $58.53 Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV