Pogo Buys N.D. Land
Pogo Producing (PPP), an explorer and producer of oil and natural gas, said it acquired about 46,000 net leasehold acres in the Bakken Shale play, located in North Dakota.
"We are pleased to announce the acquisition of some very intriguing Bakken Shale leases, a newly emerging unconventional resource target, thereby building Pogo's inventory of prospective onshore acreage," the company said. "With this new operational area, Pogo strengthens its onshore North American presence, now totaling more than 275,000 net leasehold acres of prime unconventional resources, including the Mannville and Ardley Coal Bed Methane plays in Alberta, the New Albany Shale in southwestern Indiana, the Barnett Shale in north Texas and now, the Bakken Shale play in North Dakota."
The Houston-based company expects to drill the first two horizontal wells on this new acreage during the fourth quarter of this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV