Advanced Digital Soars on Quantum Deal
San Jose, Calif.-based Quantum said the deal will create a data storage giant and add 15 cents to its earnings in the first full year after closing, which is expected in three or four months. Quantum shares fell 10%.
Advanced Digital shareholders will get $12.25 per share in cash, with the right to elect 3.461 Quantum shares instead. The stock election is subject to pro-ration such that Quantum will issue no more than 10% of the total merger consideration in Quantum stock.
On Wednesday, Advanced Digital rose $3.63 to $11.90 and Quantum dropped 36 cents to $3.12.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV