AmerUs Profit Surges
AmerUs Group (AMH), a life insurance and annuity products company, said its first-quarter earnings rose 27.2% from a year-ago period.
The Des Moines, Iowa-based company earned $78.2 million, or $1.86 a share, in the quarter, compared with $61.5 million, or $1.43 a share, a year ago. Adjusted net operating income was $51 million, or $1.22 a share, in the most recent quarter, a penny ahead of the Thomson First Call analyst consensus estimate.
First-quarter revenue rose 32.9% from a year-ago period to $470.4 million as against analysts' expectation of $418 million.
The company expects adjusted net operating income of $4.90 a share to $5.10 a share in the full year, in line with its earlier forecast, while analysts are expecting earnings of $5.02 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV