Today's Health Winners and Losers
Shares of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) rose 5% after the Israeli drugmaker said a U.S. federal court granted its motion for summary judgment in an issue related to its generic version of Merck's (MRK) Zocor tablets. The matter relates to whether Ivax Diagnostics, which was recently acquired by Teva, is entitled to sell a generic version of the Zocor tablets during an exclusive six-month marketing period. "The Court found unlawful the FDA's October 24, 2005, decision denying Ivax's citizen's petition on the exclusivity issue and, accordingly, has remanded the matter back to the FDA," Teva said in a statement. Shares were trading up $1.88 to $42.38.Other health care volume movers included Pfizer (PFE), down 19 cents to $25.14; Aetna (AET), up $1.21 to $39.71; Boston Scientific (BSX), down 64 cents to $22.60; UnitedHealth Group (UNH), down 11 cents to $49.63; Generex Biotechnology (GNBT), up 27 cents to $2.93; Human Genome Sciences (HGSI), down 16 cents to $11.25; Amgen (AMGN), down 31 cents to $67.39; Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), down 26 cents to $25.12; Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), down 1 cent to $58.60; Medtronic (MDT), down 4 cents to $50.08; Schering-Plough (SGP), down 15 cents to $19.17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV