Off to the Racehorse Syndicates
Come Saturday, millions of viewers across America will be sitting down in front of their televisions to enjoy the thrills of the
Fans tuning in for the horse race aren't only interested in the outcome of their wagers, or in watching those magnificent thoroughbreds galloping full-bore around the one-mile track at Churchill Downs. There's also a fascination with the owners -- those deep-pocketed speculators with a fortune on the line, inevitably captured on camera after the race in the rapture of victory or the agony of defeat.
While racehorse owners have long been viewed as an elite slice of society enjoying the so-called sport of kings, the recent growth of innovative investment pools in the sport has opened up a path to the owner's box for the rest of us.
My Little Pony
The proliferation of racehorse syndicates enables anyone to own a stake in a thoroughbred for as little as a few thousand dollars, as opposed to the tens of millions that are laid down for full ownership.It's a form of incorporation that allows large, often disparate groups of people to buy small shares of ownership in a single horse and thereby lay claim to a chunk of its winnings and, ultimately, its value as a breeder or sale item. Like investors who own stock in a company and depend on its management team to make the right decisions, those who buy into a horse syndicate need not be well versed in the esoteric world of thoroughbred selection, breeding and training. The principal agents who run the syndicate will take care of the details in return for a piece of the action, allowing the owners to sit back and ride easy.
|A Prizewinner, Affirmed|
To view Nat Worden's video take of today's Good Life segment,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV