Microsoft Takes the Long View
As the quarter ended, investors focused on the prognosis for Vista, the next version of Microsoft's flagship Windows operating system.
Worries over Vista were eclipsed, at least temporarily, by the focus on earnings. But nothing said by Microsoft during the call indicated that the product would not ship on time.
Earlier this year, Microsoft said it wouldn't quite make the end-of-year deadline it set for itself to launch Vista. Instead, it scheduled a staged rollout, with business-oriented versions of the operating systems going to market late this year, while consumer versions will appear in early 2007.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV