Good Results at Gorman-Rupp
Gorman-Rupp's (GRC) shares advanced after the Mansfield, Ohio, maker of fluid-control equipment said its first-quarter sales and earnings were much stronger than a year ago.
The company had a first-quarter profit of $4.5 million, or 42 cents a share, up from $1.7 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago. Sales rose 28.9% to $67.1 million.
Gorman-Rupp reported a $98.6 million backlog, up 10.8% from a year ago. The company said nearly all of the current backlog is expected to ship during 2006.
Shares of Gorman-Rupp were up $1.78, or 7.2%, to $26.68 in recent trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV