The Five Dumbest Things on Wall Street This Week
3. Apple ShinerPortalPlayer (PLAY) is suddenly showing a penchant for understatement.
Shares of the San Jose, Calif., tech company got hammered Thursday after a key product
And quite a setback it was. PortalPlayer shares, already trading well off their 52-week high of $33 and change, dropped 42% Thursday to fetch $13.06.
The stumble comes just two weeks after PortalPlayer celebrated its victory in the EE Times Annual Creativity in Electronics Awards."This prestigious EE Times ACE Award recognizes that our comprehensive platform strategy enables our customers to quickly produce differentiated products with the latest multimedia features and intuitive user interfaces that resonate with consumers," CEO Gary Johnson said April 6. "As we leverage our approach into new market areas, we look forward to continuing the enablement of electronics products that people love." For whatever reason, the enablement didn't resonate with Apple. Dumb-o-Meter score: 85. Way to leverage your approach, guys.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV