Today's Financial Stock Winners and Losers
Just last month, the Nasdaq withdrew a $4.2 billion offer for all of the LSE. However, at the time, the Nasdaq said it reserved the right to renew the offer. Shares of Nasdaq were gaining $1.35, or 3.3%, to $42.20.
Intervest Bancshares (IBCA) saw its stock gain 3% after the company posted first-quarter earnings of $6.4 million, or 77 cents a share. Analysts were calling for 69 cents. Intervest gained $3.2 million and 48 cents a share in the first quarter of 2005.
Total assets at March 31 rose 5% to $1.79 billion. Shares of Intervest added $1.07 to $36.
Commerce Bancshares (CBSH) had net income of $52.9 million and 78 cents a share in the first quarter, topping estimates by 3 cents. The company earned $49.8 million, or 69 cents a share, in the same quarter a year ago. Shares of Commerce edged down 10 cents, or 0.2%, to $51.30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV