'RealMoney' Radio Recap: That's Entertainment
Corning (GLW) makes the screens for big-screen TVs, and Cramer said this market is growing in leaps and bounds. (Corning was this week's "Cramer on Demand," the winning stock as voted on by TheStreet.com readers. You can vote on a stock for Cramer to discuss next week in our poll at the end of this story.)
The stock is up 151% year to date, and if he had owned the stock since last year he said he would be taking some off the table. But if it pulls back to $15, he said he would be a buyer.
He told a caller that he still likes Sotheby's (BID) because collectables are in, and Sotheby's is the way to play this trend.The stock has been in the doldrums since 2000, and is now back to where it was seven years ago, he said. Cramer believes that Sotheby's will get a bump higher after the big spring art auctions that are coming up. He said he would be a buyer ahead of these auctions. Gold and silver are "hot and will stay hot," even after taking out 25-year highs, Cramer said. He added industries are finding uses for silver, and we're running out of gold. In this space, he likes Goldcorp (GG) and Crystallex International (KRY). Finally, he told a caller that he likes Cisco (CSCO), which is up 27% year to date, because it is levered to VoIP, networking, "computers talking to each other," and sending data, voice and video to consumers. But compared to where it was in 2000, he said, the stock "has been a dog." He thinks Cisco is a decent pick, but he also recommends a basket of contract suppliers that work with Cisco and its competitor Tellabs (TLAB). These stocks are Finisar (FNSR), JDS Uniphase (JDSU), MRV Communications (MRVC), Broadcom (BRCM), Conexant (CNXT), Avanex (AVNX), Ciena (CIEN) and Mindspeed Technologies (MSPD).
Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV