Bond Brief: Yields Hit Multiyear Highs
Updated from 11:24 a.m. EDT
Treasuries limped lower Wednesday and yields on both ends of the curve touched multiyear highs in the wake of a lackluster five-year note auction that reaffirmed expectations the Federal Reserve has more interest rate hikes up its sleeve.
Economic reports will now take center stage, including the final reading on fourth-quarter GDP and weekly jobless claims numbers due out on Thursday; data on personal spending, personal income and factory orders are to be released Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV